n order to keep the Indian exporters informed of the rejections faced by Indian products in the EU and to take preventive actions FIEO is forwarding the Rapid Alert Systems for Food and Feed (RASFF) and for Non-Food Consumer Products (RAPEX) alerts on a weekly basis.
The alerts from EU generated during 24th February - 01st March 2021 are as under:
1. Alert: Hair dye originated from India withdrawn from the market due to containing sodium perborate (as declared on the packaging), which releases boron (measured value: 16,8 %) and is forbidden in cosmetic products.
Ingestion or contact with an excessive quantity of boron may harm the health by damaging the reproductive system or the unborn child. The product does not comply with the Cosmetic Products Regulations.
Measures taken by economic operators: Stop of sales, withdrawal of the product from the market (By: Distributor)
Measures ordered by public authorities (to: Distributor): Ban on the marketing of the product and any accompanying measures
Description: Olive-green, micro-crystalline powder with small sand-coloured particles.
Packaging description: Two printed folding boxes each with six printed 10-gram bags (sachets)
- Country of origin: India
- Alert submitted by: Germany
- Type of alert: Other
- Year - week: 2021 - 8
- Risk Type: Chemical
2. Alert: Unauthorised substance ethylene oxide, in varying proportions, in okra, in biscuits with sesame seeds, in sesame seeds, in organic sesame seeds, in hulled sesame seeds from India.
- Notification from: France, Spain, Germany, Norway, Croatia
- Risk: Serious
3. Alert: Cadmium (2.59 mg/kg - ppm) in frozen squid tentacles from India.
- Notification from: Italy
- Risk: Serious
- Notification type: Food - information for attention - company's own check
- Action Taken: Withdrawal from the market
- Date: 26-02-2021
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of GlobalLinker.
Federation of Indian Export Organisations
FIEO is the apex international trade promotion organisation of India. Directly and indirectly it represents the interest of over 200,000 exporters in India. FIEO has 17 offices in...