4 Jan 2022, 10:54 — 3 min read
With the spread of Omicron, there is feeling of déjà vu. In an uncertain world, making investments requires skill. A few foundational principles come to mind which might help us navigate the complex world we are in today.
Creating a winning portfolio this year requires more skill, tenacity and conviction than usual. Let us examine some key trends.
1. Interest rate hikes are likely to be gradual both in India and overseas.
2. Economic activity on capex is likely to start post the elections in 2024 and not before as in the last year of a government rarely anything meaningful happens, however that still remains to be seen. Things keep on changing and in the next 18-24 months don’t see any major capex happening.
3. Stabilisation of economic activity is more likely to happen once the entire population gets a booster, which is likely in the next 2-3 quarters.
4. Government support is there however rural has its own challenges as of now. Income increases are likely to take a bit longer.
5. Currency is likely to be rangebound as there is no off-balance sheet funding needed by the Government.
If you are an entrepreneur/self-employed, you need to:
This year is more of cycling through the zigzag terrains. Enjoy the moment!
Also read: A roadmap to ease your financial worries in this crisis starting this minute
To explore business opportunities, link with me by clicking on the 'Connect' button on my eBiz Card.
Image source: Canva
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of GlobalLinker.
Posted byAnirudh Anand Gupta
I am looking to connect with other business owners. Invite me to connect
Budget with a Vision: A Perspective
3 Feb 2023, 20:38
Union Budget 2023: Expectations & Predictions
24 Jan 2023, 12:24
How to Set Goals That Work: Strategies to Succeed Starting Now
26 Dec 2022, 20:55
Most read this week
5 Must-Have Emails for Your Online Store
Ecommerce 15 Feb 2023
Please login or register to join the discussion