Weekly Trade Alert: 23 – 29 AprilBack
30 Apr 2021, 13:10 — 7 min read
Alerts from the Indian Trade Portal – www.indiantradeportal.in on Tariff/Preferential Tariff/ SPS and TBT measures/GST/Export incentives/Export-Import Policy Conditions etc. during the period: 23rd – 29th April, 2021 are given under. Please click on a notification for the details.
Customs & Policy
- India - Import policy of melon seeds imported for sowing under HS Code 12077090 is restricted.
- India - Import of mosquito killer rackets for CIF value below Rs. 121 per racket prohibited.
- India – Issued instructions on expediting customs clearances for covid related imports made by Indian Red Cross society
- India – Publishes Central Goods and Services Tax (Second Amendment) Rules, 2021
- Australia - Customs Tariff Act 1995 amended
- India - Imposes definitive anti-dumping duty on imports of Toluene Di-isocyanate (TDI) exported from EU, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan and UAE, for 5 years
- India - Impose definitive anti-dumping duty on import of 1-phenyl-3-methyl-5-Pyrazolone exported from China for a period of 5 years
- India - Imposes anti-dumping duty on imports of Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) Products originating in or exported from China.
- India - Imposes anti-dumping duty on imports of Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) originating in or exported from Korea RP
- Malaysia – Publishes Customs (Anti-Dumping Duties) Order 2021
Animal Originated Products
- Chile - Establishes health requirements for the importation into Chile of ornamental and recreational birds
- EU - Publishes transitional provisions for the use of animal health certificates
- EU - Publishes regulation on model animal health certificates and animal health/official certificates for the entry into the union of certain aquatic animals
- Russia - Clarifies certain provisions of the technical regulation regarding including the indication in the composition of products of the type of vegetable (animal) oil, fat, used at manufacturing.
Plant & Plant Products
- India – Issued an order regarding giving relaxations to the FBO’s during the prevailing conditions of COVID-19.
- EU – Publishes criteria for carry out controls on organic products in third countries
- South Korea - Proposes draft amendments to the standards and specification for health functional foods
- Thailand - Publishes notice on listing of inspection units or certification bodies for food establishments
- Turkey – Publishes regulation on product definitions, compositions criteria and labelling requirements of propolis products, royal jelly, royal jelly powder, bee pollen, dried bee pollen and bee bread.
- Uganda – Publishes standards for Fruit chips and crisps and Dried vegetables and herbs for use
- USA – Establishes tolerances for residues of the insecticide metaflumizone
- Vietnam - Publishes decree on labelling of goods
Chemicals & Textile
- India – Publishes Polyurethanes (Quality Control) Order, 2021
- India – Publishes Vinyl Chloride Monomer (Quality Control) Order, 2021
- India – Publishes Acrylonitrile-Butadiene Styrene (ABS) (Quality Control) Order, 2021
- India – Publishes Ethylene Dichloride (Quality Control) Order, 2021
- Brazil – Publishes resolution regarding control of import and export of substances, plants and medicines subject to special control
- EU – Publishes Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) regarding carcinogenic, mutagenic or reproductive toxicant (CMR) substance
- Thailand – Publishes regulation and update the hazardous substances list
Engineering & Electronics
- India – Publishes amendment to Electronics and Information Technology Goods (Requirements for Compulsory Registration) Order, 2012
- Brazil - Establishes technical requirements for the import, commercialization, and donation of used reprocessed medical devices.
- Philippines- Publishes technical regulations concerning the mandatory product certification of ceramic tiles
- USA – Issued update to electrical engineering regulations
- Sri Lanka - Imports Publishes Imports and Exports Control regulations No. 06 of 2021: Temporary suspended importation of brand new mobile workshops
- Tanzania – Publishes standards for Padlocks and padlock fittings, Steel filing cabinets, Dried insect products for compounding animal feeds and Door Locks and Latches
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of GlobalLinker.
Posted byFederation of Indian Export Organisations
FIEO is the apex international trade promotion organisation of India. Directly and indirectly it represents the interest of over 200,000 exporters in India. FIEO has 17 offices in...
More Articles by this author
Most read this week