Weekly Trade Alert: 16 – 22 AprilBack
23 Apr 2021, 11:19 — 7 min read
Alerts from the Indian Trade Portal – www.indiantradeportal.in on Tariff/Preferential Tariff/ SPS and TBT measures/GST/Export incentives/Export-Import Policy Conditions etc. during the period: 16 - 22 April, 2021 are given under. Please click on a notification for the details.
Customs & Policy
- India - Customs duty reduced to 0% on covid medicine remdesivir injection and its raw material cyclodextrin
- India - Publishes Sea Cargo Manifest and Transhipment (Second Amendment) Regulations, 2021.
- India - Publishes exchange rate of one unit of foreign currency equivalent to Indian rupees
- India - Publishes tariff value of edible oils, brass scrap, areca nut, gold and silver
- India - Document code for Mauritius CECPA COO notified
- Russia - Establishes a temporary 0% customs duty on the hearth mass for aluminum electrolyzers
- India - Only colour coded stickers vehicles will be allowed to ply on Mumbai city roads
- India - Imposes anti-dumping duty on imports of nylon filament yarn exported from Vietnam and EU
- India – Publishes final finding anti-dumping investigation concerning imports of Plain Medium Density Fibre Board having thickness less than 6 mm originating from Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia
- India – Publishes sunset review investigation concerning imports of "Hot-Rolled flat products of alloy or non-alloy steel" exported from China, Japan, Korea, Russia, Brazil and Indonesia.
- India - Extends time for responses on anti-dumping investigation concerning imports of “PU leather” exported from China
- India - Extends the applicability of anti-dumping duty on imports of ‘Barium Carbonate’ up to and inclusive of 20th October, 2021
Animal Originated Products
- El Salvador – Publishes requirements for the import and transit of cattle, sheep, goats, pigs and other cloven-hoofed species and their respective products and by-products susceptible to the foot-and-mouth disease virus
- Indonesia - Publishes regulation on animal and plant quarantine
- North Macedonia – Publishes rules for the prevention and control of animal diseases which are transmissible to animals or to humans.
- Russia - Technical regulation on safety of meat and meat products amended
Plant & Plant Products
Tanzania - Publishes standard on citrus fruits
- Australia – Notifies substances that may be used as food additives
- Brazil - Establishes the lists of microbiological criteria for food
- China – Publishes food additive ε-Polylysine Hydrochloride
- EU – Establishes maximum levels of tropane alkaloids in certain foods
- Indonesia – Publishes regulation concerning food packaging
- Malawi – Publishes standard for ready to eat extruded snacks
- Mexico – Publishes food additive regulation
- Russia - Publishes technical regulation on labeling of food products including the indication of oils and fats used in the composition
- Tanzania – Publishes standard for potato flour
- India - Import of Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) Copolymers subject to BIS certificate
- India - Publishes list of approved Rapid / CLIA / ELISA Kits for testing of Covid-19 as on 18.04.2021
- Brazil - Establishes technical requirements for the execution of researches on pesticides residues
- El Salvador - Publishes regulation for health registration of cosmetic products
- Guatemala - Establishes the conditions and requirements under which the registration or registration of cosmetic products.
- Nicaragua - Publishes regulation for health registration of cosmetic products
- Russia - Publishes technical regulation on safety of perfumes and cosmetic products
- Tanzania - Publishes standard for tissue papers
Engineering & Electronics
- India - Import of nine key polycarbons subject to compulsory BIS certificate from 15 April 2021
- India - PLI Scheme for Air Conditioners and LED Lights approved
- Brazil - Proposes to amend regulation for high pressure cylinders for vehicular methane gas storage
- GCC - Publishes gulf mandatory standard specifies requirements for Flexible urethane foam (industrial sponge) and mattresses and pillows Mad IT.
- Trinidad & Tobago - Publishes compulsory requirements for flexible cords, elevator cables, and hoistway cables rated 600 V maximum and electric vehicle cables rated 1000 V maximum and intended for use in accordance with TTS 171
- USA - Publishes test procedure for pumps
Regulatory Developments in India
- India – Issued draft Inter-State Migrant Workmen (regulation of employment and conditions of service) (Gujarat Amendment) Rules, 2021
- India - Issued the Income-tax (10th Amendment) Rules, 2021 further amend the Income-tax Rules, 1962.
- India - Issued an invitation for expression of interest (EOI) for installation of innovative solar pump.
- India – Issued draft Electricity (Rights of consumers) (Amendment) Rules, 2021
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of GlobalLinker.
Posted byFederation of Indian Export Organisations
FIEO is the apex international trade promotion organisation of India. Directly and indirectly it represents the interest of over 200,000 exporters in India. FIEO has 17 offices in...
More Articles by this author
Most read this week