One compliance every registered company must do before 30th SeptemberBack
21 Aug 2020, 09:38 — 3 min read
As per the latest amendment of the Companies Act, 2013 / Rules, the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Third Amendment Rules, 2019 have been notified with effect from 25 July 2019, every DIN (Director Identification Number) holder shall provide their KYC to MCA/ROC (registration of companies) through online on mca.gov.in in e-Form DIR-3KYC on or before 30 September 2020.
No fees is required to pay to MCA (Ministry of Corporate Affairs), but if delayed beyond 30 September 2020, then Rs 5,000/- penalty shall be paid for each DIN.
What is required to file this Form DIR-3KYC?
1. Digital Signature of the DIN Holder
2. Self-signed PAN & Aadhaar
3. Self-signed Passport, Driving License, and Voter ID, etc., if available.
4. Functional Email & Phone Number
5. Certification by CS/CA
Why is MCA required to collect KYC of all DIN holders?
The MCA is required to collect KYC of all DIN holders so that the directors to effectively communicate the developments and to make a repository of KYC.
Who must file?
1. All DIN holders
2. Even the Directors who are Disqualified shall file the same
3. DIN holder not Director in any Company shall also file this form
4. DIN holder previously filed Form DIR-3KYC can simply update their KYC in Form DIR-3 KYC WEB
5. To update the details/changes in the particulars of the DIN Holder like change in Address, Phone number, email, etc. shall also be updated by Filing the Form DIR-3 KYC
What are the consequences of not filing?
1. Rs 5,000 penalty for delayed filing
2. Deactivation of the DIN
How to file DIR-3 KYC?
1. Download the e-Form DIR-3 KYC from www.mca.gov.in
2. Fill the form completely
3. Sign Digitally with Digital Signature
4. Get it certified with CS / CA 5 Upload on www.mca.gov.in
Note: Views expressed here are purely for general purpose, shall not treat as Advise.
To explore business opportunities, link with me by clicking on the 'Connect' button on my eBiz Card.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of GlobalLinker.
Posted byAnil Kumar Ganga
"Ananya legal LLP" is a full service, dynamic, and trustworthy Corporate Advisory and Legal Consultancy Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) Firm that specializes in a variety of...
More Articles by this author
- Economy Is this budget likely to turn the economy around soon?
- Learning & Development Can you unlock your blueprint for life?
How to select an ERP solution for your organisation?
By Rahul Ingle
- Ecommerce Steps to activate Razorpay payment gateway on your LINKER.store
- Branding & PR Branding Tips: What you can learn from ‘Enter the Anime’ in crafting an effective brand
Leadership & Management
Leadership lessons from the film 'Lagaan'
By Khyati Shah