Advisory for Indian products in EU: 30 October – 4 November, 2019Back
6 Nov 2019, 10:30 — 2 min read
In order to keep the Indian exporters informed of the rejections faced by Indian products in the EU and to take preventive actions FIEO is forwarding the Rapid Alert Systems for Food and Feed (RASFF) and for Non-Food Consumer Products (RAPEX) alerts on a weekly basis.
The alert from EU generated during 30th October – 4th November, 2019 is as under:
Alert: Premium Quality Henna Powder exported from India recalled due to excessive amount of p-phenylenediamine (PPD)(measured value: 9.8 %).
Premium Quality Henna Powder contains an excessive amount of p-phenylenediamine (PPD)(measured value: 9.8 %). PPD is an extreme skin sensitiser and can trigger allergic contact dermatitis. Additionally, the product contains an excessive amount of aerobic mesophilic bacteria (measured value: 30000 cfu/g). If used on damaged skin or if the product comes in contact with the eyes it may cause infection or irritation. The product does not comply with the Cosmetic Products Regulation.
- Notification from: Slovenia
- Risk: Serious
- Action Taken: Recall of the product from end users
- Week: 2019 - 44
Alert: Salmonella group B (presence /25g) in spice mix with raw material from Poland, India, China and Egypt, via Latvia
- Notification from: Poland
- Risk: Serious
- Notification type: Food - information for attention - official control on the market
- Action Taken: Withdrawal from market
- Date: 30-10-2019
Please share your feedback on email@example.com to help us serve you better.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of GlobalLinker.
Posted byFederation of Indian Export Organisations
FIEO is the apex international trade promotion organisation of India. Directly and indirectly it represents the interest of over 200,000 exporters in India. FIEO has 17 offices in...
More Articles by this author
- Trending News Udyam Registration - All about the new MSME Registration Process
3 Digital Mediums You Should Prioritise to Boost Your Sales
By Karan Shah
- Entrepreneurship 4 successful dadpreneurs show why family should come first
- Customer Services & Relations Customer centricity: Commitment or compliance?
Create your 'new normal'
By Khyati Shah
- Trade Alerts Advisory for Indian products in EU: 2 – 8 June 2020