In order to keep the Indian exporters informed of the rejections faced by Indian products in the EU and to take preventive actions FIEO is forwarding the Rapid Alert Systems for Food and Feed (RASFF) and for Non-Food Consumer Products (RAPEX) alerts on a weekly basis.
The alerts from EU generated during 8th - 14th September 2020 are as under:
Alert: Absence of health certificate (s) and of certified analytical report for peanut candies from India
- Notification from: United Kingdom
- Risk: Not serious
- Notification type: Food - border rejection - border control - consignment detained
- Action Taken: Destruction
- Date: 10-09-2020
Alert: Unauthorised substance ethylene oxide (30.1 mg/kg - ppm) in sesame seeds from India
- Notification from: Belgium
- Risk: Serious
- Notification type: Food - alert - company’’s own check
- Action Taken: Recall from consumers
- Date: 09-09-2020
Alert: Chromium (503 mg/kg - ppm), lead (2020 mg/kg - ppm) and mercury (6 mg/kg - ppm) in counterfeit crushed curcuma from India, via Spain and via Bulgaria
- Notification from: Greece
- Risk: Serious
- Notification type: Food - alert - official control on the market
- Date: 08-09-2020
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of GlobalLinker.
Federation of Indian Export Organisations
FIEO is the apex international trade promotion organisation of India. Directly and indirectly it represents the interest of over 200,000 exporters in India. FIEO has 17 offices in...