The alerts from EU generated during 30 March - 5 April 2021 are as under:
1. Alert: Germany has removed Indian origin Earrings from market due to high cadmium content (measured value: 95% by weight).
Cadmium is harmful to human health because it accumulates in the body, damages the kidneys and the bones and is carcinogenic.
The product does not comply with the REACH Regulation.
Description: Earrings with artificial pearls. The product is also sold online.
Packaging description: Black box
Measures ordered by economic operators (to: Other): Removal of this product listing by the online marketplace
- Country of origin: India
- Alert submitted by: Germany
- Risk type: Chemical
- Category: Jewellery
- Year - Week: 2021 - 13
2. Alert: Salmonella (presence/25g) in ground onions from India.
- Notification from: Germany
- Risk: Serious
- Notification type: Food - information for attention - official control on the market
- Action Taken: Withdrawal from the market
- Date: 02-04-2021
3. Alert: Unauthorised substance ethylene oxide in (up to 722 mg/kg - ppm) in organic food supplements and (0.34 mg/kg - ppm) in peppers from India.
- Notification from: Germany, France
- Date: 01-04-2021
4. Alert: Cadmium (3.6 mg/kg - ppm) in frozen squid tentacles (Uroteuthis duvauceli) from India.
- Notification from: Italy
- Risk: Serious
- Notification type: Food - border rejection - border control - consignment detained
- Action Taken: Return to consignor
- Date: 31-03-2021
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of GlobalLinker.